Radar software forms images of the internal structure of examination area on computer display. Recorded radar images resemble
- Counterintelligence activities for detecting of bugging devices (TSCM — technical surveillance counter-measures);
- Operative inquiry activities of law-enforcement agencies;
- Surveying of building structures for determining the position of defects, reinforcement, voids and other heterogeneities;
- Sounding of especially critical building works (airport runways, bridges, crossings, etc.) for determining their latent flaws;
- NDT&E of heat protection systems of space ships and rockets;
- Inspection of the objects of culture heritage.
You can see demo video illustrating RASCAN-5 radar working jointly with non-linear junction detector (NLJD).
RASCAN-4/2000 has been used to investigate floor in the Senate building, St. Petersburg. You can download a report about this work.
The Laboratory’s staff members had been rewarded with Russian Federation government’s prize in the field of science and technology for creation of the RASCAN radar technology.
RASCAN-4/4000/7000 radars are out of production now.
Also we offer BioRASCAN radar for detection and diagnostic monitoring of humans, even behind obstacles.